PSN allows your transfer data from one account to another. Now lot of people have faced issued when they are trying to transfer data from the old PS4 to a new console. free psn codes no survey
Now if you are a user who keep track of the announcement from the PlayStation forum, then you would get to know that in order to update the account of the new console, you have to move the external storage that is available in the old PS4.
Transferring data is an easy, but it will take a little amount of work and hence this article will act as guide on how to do that.
Prepare for transfer
Before making a games transfer, you should be aware of the following points. These are certain steps that is needed to make a successful game transfer.
Some of the points can be summarised as follows
- You need to available in both PS4, so please your username and password beside you.
- Now in order to make the transfer, both the consoles will need an updated version. If you haven’t updated your console then is advised that you should do it.
- To make sure that your console has the latest update please go to settings and then to system software update.
- Once checked, ensure that both the consoles are connected with the same Wi-Fi network , you will not be able connect your two consoles with different Wi-Fi network
- The new console of the PS4 needs to be connected with your television. Though the tech experts advises that both the consoles namely the old and the new , should be connected to TV if anything goes wrong
- Once the connection is done, the destination drive will perform an automatic format and everything that you have set previously will be lost. If you have downloaded some games before the transfer, then it will be lost. If you started to play the game in the new PS4 before the transfer, then all the saved version of the game will be wiped out.
- Trophies will not be available for transfer. So if you are fan of your gaming achievement, it is recommended that all the trophies should perform synchronisation before the transfer.
- Now to make the transfer faster, you need to delete some games that you no longer play in old PS4. Then download the latest version in your new console to play them
Internal drive transfer
The internal drive transfer data, can have data regarding games, videos, trophies and screenshot. Here the transfer is made very easy, first you need sign in both the PS4 with same network.
Then you will asked to a verification to transfer your data and in that you have to lick yes. Hold the power button of the old PS4 until you hear a beep sound.
Once the sound is heard you will be given the option to transfer the data of your choice. Once the transfer is made to the new PS4, you can then use it as a primary console.